Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thomas Jefferson

I have been researching different ways to teach my students unit. (Science and Social Studies) Science is very easy, because most of it is hands on. Social Studies, however isn't as easy. There is a lot to learn and facts are hard for first graders. I found an idea here at Cara's blog. Her idea was originally for George Washington, but since we study Thomas Jefferson in Georgia, I changed it. The kids did a really cute job, and I was impressed with what they came up with! Here are a few pictures!





This is too cute! If you cant read it it says, Thomas Jefferson was the third president. Thomas Jefferson Declaration of Independence. :)


I was so happy with the end results! The kids worked really hard and they loved putting the batting for the hair on Thomas' head.

2 comments: